Realizations on The Digital Edition
My (hard) decision on hopping in to the electronic book world began with my wanting to read the Vince’s Life trilogy since I first heard of it. I couldn’t find physical copies anywhere because it was all sold out just a few weeks after it has been out in the market. I had no choice but to buy the digital edition which is, in this case, more expensive than the paperback one. I bought my copy at Zinio, an online newsstand of magazines and books.
The difficulties started after finding out that this Zinio has no reader for BlackBerry when, in fact, it was included on their list of available formats! And when the Zinio Reader (for desktop) download just keeps on failing!
Pros of purchasing at Zinio:
- Books and magazines are ready to be read using Zinio Reader, which are available for iPad, iPhone, Android devices, PC and Mac.
- Has pretty wide range of magazines worldwide.
- Accepts PayPal and major credit cards.
- The Reader has no highlight feature. It will open from where you left off reading though.
- One page was missing. Told me to try again later because it was not available to download yet.
- The whole thing, for me, is not that user-friendly at all. I find it hard to scroll the pages up and down, especially when the page is zoomed in.
Thinking of recommending to others/using it again?
No, absolutely not.
Also, haven’t tried yet reading offline if it will still work.